This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Ottawa Valley Kitchens does not own or control, or to people that Ottawa Valley Kitchens does not employ or manage, including without limitation third-parties who may have websites that are linked to the Website to whom you provide information. Ottawa Valley Kitchens is not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from the Website, and Ottawa Valley Kitchens encourages you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share information.
Information Collection and Use
- Ottawa Valley Kitchens automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser including your IP address, Ottawa Valley Kitchens’ cookie information, and the page you requested;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Ottawa Valley Kitchens may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information; or
- we provide the information to companies who work on behalf of Ottawa Valley Kitchens under confidentiality agreements; or
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
Ottawa Valley Kitchens cookies
Ottawa Valley Kitchens may set and access Ottawa Valley Kitchens cookies on your computer. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of your computer’s hard disk so that the Website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit the Website we may send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to the Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website, -session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Other companies that are presenting material on some pages may set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Third parties or other companies do not have access to Ottawa Valley Kitchens’ cookies. Disabling/Enabling Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Find out how to disable/enable cookies by accessing the "Help" menu in your browser’s menu bar and search for the term "cookies".
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your data for improper purposes.
If you communicate with Ottawa Valley Kitchens by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
Your right to access information
You are entitled to see the information held about you. If you wish to do this, please refer to the contact information on the Website. We may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administration fee to provide a copy of the information we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Questions or Suggestions